- Full Location Permission The app need query to get an understanding of the WiFi profile based on different SSID. SSID is treated as personal identifiable information in some cases, so this is required in Android P and above. check the link here
(this is optional for Android O and below)
- Storage Permission The app keep a debug logs which might be big in some rare case for troubleshooting purpose on the local sdcard. in some cases you might need help from the developers to do a troubleshooting for you, and the information will be send to developer once it got your approval.
the APP will never collect your location and know where you are, this is just a requirement by the System.
For apps installed on your device, here is a how-to guide for permission setup
- On your Android device, open the Settings app .
- Tap Apps & notifications.
- Tap the app you want to update.(HelloGuestWiFi)
- Tap Permissions.
- Choose which permissions you want the app to have, like Location and Storage
- give it Allow all the time (required for background login)
Thursday, February 13, 2020
New permission requirement for 14.6 and above
There are two new permissions required for the app to detect the WiFi states if you have a newer version of Android (P and Above),